Achieving a grade B in OET Writing– the technique and language to help you succeed
This one day, fully interactive course will be delivered by Laura Plotnek-Jones, a highly experienced and fully qualified academic English teacher. During the day, you will work with the other course participants to discuss a variety of ideas and approaches and complete a number of activities using OET Writing test samples. A bank of useful materials will be distributed prior to and during the workshop which will become an invaluable part of your preparation for the test.
This one day OET Writing workshop for doctors will cover the following:
- Understanding the marking criteria for Writing
- Analysing the requirements of the task
- Selecting the relevant notes to write your letter
- Organising information appropriately
- Writing a summary and conclusion
- Useful language and grammatical structures to help
- Paraphrasing skills
- Feedback on your writing skills throughout the day
- An opportunity to submit an OET Writing practice test for detailed feedback up to a week after the workshop.
WHAT LEVEL SHOULD I BE?
To benefit from this course, your English should be at at least Upper Intermediate or B2 level already. This is the equivalent of a band 6 in IELTS or a grade C+ (300-340 points) in OET.
HOW FULLY WILL THIS WORKSHOP PREPARE ME FOR THE TEST?
This is a one-day course only. It could provide a useful introduction to the Writing component of OET if you have never taken the test before. Alternatively, if you are familiar with OET, it will allow you to gain a much clearer understanding of how you can improve your score before your next test. It’s likely that after completing this workshop, you will need time to further prepare for the test – either through Home English’s private tuition or letter-marking services or at home.
DATES, TIMES, LOCATIONS AND PRICES
The next one-day OET Writing workshop for doctors will take place as follows:
DATE: Wednesday 6th October 2021
TIME: 10:00am – 4:00pm (arrival between 9.30 and 10.00am)
PRICE: £49 per person to include all materials and detailed feedback on one OET Writing test submission
LOCATION: Edgbaston Community Centre, 40 Woodview Drive, Birmingham B15 2HU.
This modern training facility, very close to Birmingham City Centre is very easy to get to from Birmingham New Street or Moor Street stations.
It’s also equipped with a free on-site car park, is within walking distance of Five Ways train station and is well served by a number of bus routes. It is approximately 30 minutes from Birmingham Bullring on foot.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MEASURES
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, a number of social distancing measures will be implemented during this course to keep yourself and the Home English teachers safe. This will include, but won’t be restricted to:
- Students placed 1 metre apart in the classroom
- All students facing the front of the classroom
- Group and pairwork interaction will be more limited and will be assisted by technology, such as mobile phones (or tablets/laptops if you can bring them)
- Physical handouts will not be provided. All materials will be accessible on an online platform and students will need to print off their own or ensure they are accessible during lessons on a device such as a tablet or mobile phone
- Teachers will remain a metre apart from students at all times, unless wearing a face covering
- Face coverings will need to be worn at certain times
- Hand santiser for regular santising will be provided
- The classroom will be well-ventilated as often as possible
We realise many of these measures will seem strange – particularly to students who have attended a Home English course before and have enjoyed the interaction with other students that they provide. We hope that with the fast roll-out of the new coronavirus vaccine, these measures will not be in place for too much longer!
FIND OUT MORE AND BOOK
>> To find out more about this one-day OET workshop, contact Laura Plotnek-Jones today.
>> Alternatively, simply book your place on this course for only £49 through our secure, online booking system.