** Due to England’s 3rd national lockdown, all our IELTS courses have been moved online. They will still be taught by the same highly experienced IELTS teachers, ensuring it will be just as engaging and effective as our classroom-based courses are.**
- Apply for an undergraduate or postgraduate (masters or PhD) course at a UK university
- Register with the General Medical Council (GMC) for practice as a doctor in the UK and take the PLAB exam (Band 7.5 needed overall)
- Register with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) for practice as a nurse or midwife in the UK
- Register with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC) for practice as a pharmacist in the UK
- Emigrate to Australia, New Zealand or Canada to get additional points towards your visa application.
The courses will help you achieve your best IELTS band score in the shortest possible time.
The course will be delivered online, using Zoom and a range of additional tools. All you need is a laptop, a web browser and a reliable internet connection.
If you have never studied online before, please don’t worry! We are all new to this world and our teachers will work with you to ensure you feel comfortable with the technology.
2021 Course dates and times
This next online course will start on Tuesday 23rd February 2021 and will run for 4 weeks:
FEBRUARY – MARCH 2021 4 WEEK IELTS COURSE
Start date – Tuesday 23rd February 2021. End date -Thursday 18th March 2021
Class times – Tuesdays AND Thursdays from 9.30am to 12:30pm
Cost – £129 for the 4 weeks (to include the pre-course assessment)
An online speaking assessment and interview will take place on Zoom before the course starts. Details of how you book your appointment for this will be provided when you book the course. A full writing, reading and listening assessment will also be provided for completion at home.
A free pre-course assessment will take place before you start the programme to help us plan the course exactly to your requirements. Your pre-course assessment will comprise of two parts – all details will be provided on the confirmation email that you receive when you book for the course:
- Part 1 – Complete an IELTS writing, reading and listening practice paper at home.
- Part 2 – Take part in an informal online meeting with Laura (see your course confirmation for details of how to book this). This will comprise of a chat about the course and your requirements and a short speaking test using Zoom . The results of this assessment will help us plan the course exactly to your requirements.
How much will the course cost?
This price includes all materials and marked homework. The fee is payable before the initial assessment date via Home English’s online booking system.
This fee does not include the examination cost. Visit a local IELTS test centre website for information on exam fees which cost approximately £150:
What will the course cover?
Depending on the requirements of the group and the length of the programe, the courses will cover:
A focus on the IELTS writing papers – Task 1 and Task 2
We will look at how to:
- plan and structure perfect essays and reports
- analyse and select the important information for Writing Part 1
- organise and develop your ideas for Writing Part 2.
- use the grammar and vocabulary needed for the higher band scores
Succeeding in reading
How can you avoid running out of time in this challenging part of the exam? We will look at the invaluable techniques of scanning, skimming, reading in detail, summarising and paraphrasing to help you avoid this common problem. We will also provide you with a range of other useful tips to help you succeed.
Help with speaking and listening
Useful vocabulary and grammar
During each session, we will cover useful vocabulary and grammar structures relevant to the part of the exam we are working on.
What level should I be?
To benefit from this course, your English should be at at least Upper Intermediate or Band 6 already. This is the equivalent of B2 on the CEFR scale.